Aimed at students the SA Study website is a content based website we developed for Argo Marketing, which provides detailed content on tertiary courses and student companies and brands.
ARGO Marketing asked Refresh to look at revamping their current website to improve website usability and content management. The site also required a community aspect to allow tertiary institutions and student brands to register, login and post course and news content.
ARGO also requested that the site be mobile friendly in order to cater for students viewing the site on their smart phones.
What we did
Refresh started by laying out the content requirements for this website using wireframes, before designing each section of the site for the desktop version and smartphone version of the site. The site was then built in WordPress, with added security features built in.
The site features the following functionality:
- Course search – Users can perform advanced searches to find courses by duration, subject, region, institution, faculty and qualification
- Add to Bag – Courses can be added to a bag and checked out which then fires emails off to all the relevant institutions
- Bursaries, & News – General news and bursary information is available for browsing
- Brand & Company profiles – companies and brands can register and create press offices, and post courses, news, and other articles
- Newsletter Management – SA Study can easily add articles to a newsletter through the CMS which are then fed directly to the automated weekly or monthly newsletter
- Banner Ads – Using the feature-rich Google Double-Click for publishers platform ARGO marketing can easily add and manage banners across the site, as well as track impressions and clicks
The website was coded using responsive design, which adapts the page based on what device you are using and the width of the browser window. For smart phones many of the elements are dropped and thumbnail images are used to speed up the page load time.
The site was then handed over to ARGO Marketing for adding the content using a comprehensive workbook that we provided for the site management.